Maga Engineering won Sri Lanka’s first National Green Award for the Private and Public Sector at the inaugural National Green Awards 2011 organized by the Central Environmental Authority of Sri Lanka.
Maga’s environmental initiatives have been characterized by:
- Our Environmental Management Action Plans (EMAPs) implemented across a road network spanning over 400km
- Building the world’s first LEED ‘Platinum’ certified apparel factory, ‘Thurulie’ of MAS Holdings
- Being the first Sri Lankan construction company to report its Environmental Performance under the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Being a Founder Member of the Green Building Council of Sri Lanka (GBCSL)
- Being the first Sri Lankan construction company to be accredited under both OHSAS 18001 & ISO14001 certification